Camp Simcha’s B’nei Mitzvah Programme offers just this, with opportunities to be part of an organised fundraising walk and volunteering events, together with other young people who are celebrating their B’nei Mitzvah.
October – Kick starter evening
To kick start the programme, your child will attend an evening to learn about what we do and how they can help the families we support.
November/December – Toy Drive packing activity
• Your child will be part of our annual Toy Drive which sees us sending in some 10,000 toys and gifts to children in hospital.
• They will join us for a packing session – to sort and pack toys to deliver to 120 hospital wards.
– Check out our recent packathon photos here.
Purim packing activity
• Your child will assist us in packing care packages for families Camp Simcha supports.
Sunday 21st May – Sponsored walk*
• Your child will join us for an organised, sponsored walk on Sunday 21st May, culminating at the Camp Simcha offices in Golders Green. We will visit two North London hospitals, delivering toys to seriously ill children.
• We will provide support setting up their fundraising page.
All children who take part in our Bnei Mitzvah programme will be offered the opportunity to join our Young Ambassadors initiative, where they will receive occasional updates about our work and ideas on how they can continue to help us raise awareness and reach families who need Camp Simcha’s support. Each child will also receive a goodie bag and a certificate of participation.
*If your child would prefer to do their own fundraising challenge, we can support them. You can also take a look at our A-Z fundraising ideas.
Hear how Rafi raised £2,798 and 2021 smiles for Camp Simcha to mark his Bar Mitzvah.
Please sign up here or email us to get started.