Camp Simcha’s B’nei Mitzvah Programme offers just this, with two opportunities to be part of an organised fundraiser and a group activity day – in June and November/December – together with other young people who are celebrating their B’nei Mitzvah.
Children can pick between these two opportunities in June and November/December or they can take part in both if they wish:
June – Sponsored walk and packing activity
• Your child will join us for an organised, sponsored walk culminating at the Camp Simcha offices in Golders Green.
• We will provide support setting up your fundraising page.
• Refreshments after the walk at our head office, followed by a packing session to help prepare activity boxes and packs for Camp Simcha’s summer day scheme for seriously ill children.
November/December – Toy Drive collection and packing activity
• Your child will be part of our annual Toy Drive which sees us sending in some 10,000 toys and gifts to children in hospital.
• We will help them set up an Amazon wish list or collection site for toys.
• They will then join us for a packing morning – to sort and pack toys to deliver to 120 hospital wards.
All children who take part in our B’nei Mitzvah Programme will be offered the opportunity to join our Young Ambassadors initiative, where they will receive occasional updates about our work and ideas on how they can continue to help us raise awareness and reach families who need Camp Simcha’s support. Each child will also receive a goodie bag and a certificate of participation to display at their simcha.
We can also support your child if they want to do their own fundraising challenge – or take a look at our A-Z fundraising ideas.
Hear how Rafi raised £2,798 and 2021 smiles for Camp Simcha to mark his bar mitzvah.
Please email email@example.com to get started.